Red Pesto Spaghetti with Rocket and Haloumi
Posted July 28, 2011on:
- 500g Spaghetti
- 250g Haloumi cheese – torn into small pieces
- 1/2 cup (115g) semi-sundried tomatoes – chopped roughly
- 1/2 cup (150g) roasted capsicum – chopped roughly
- 2 garlic cloves – minced
- 2/3 cup cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- 80g baby rocket leaves
- Handful fresh basil leaves – shredded
* requires a food processor
- Preheat – oven to 220C (200C fan)
- Cook pasta – Bring saucepan of salted water to the boil. Cook spaghetti according to packet instructions. Drain and reserve 3/4 cup pasta water. Return spaghetti to saucepan and turn off heat.
- Bake Haloumi – Meanwhile place torn haloumi on baking tray and cook in oven for 8 to 10 mins, until nicely golden.
- Make Pesto – While hamoumi is baking, place sundried tomatoes, roasted capsicum, garlic, cashews and parmesan in food processor and chop finely. With motor running, slowly drizzle olive oil down sprout and emulsify pesto. Season with with salt and pepper.
- Serve – Stir pesto, reserved pasta water, rocket and golden haloumi through speghetti. Place into serving bowls and top with a sprinkling of shredded basil and parmesan.